Emma Raducanu regrets winning the US Open

Emma Raducanu regrets winning the 2021 US Open after an injury prevented her from competing

The 20-year-old won a remarkable title at the 2021 US Open when she became the first player to win a Grand Slam tournament in qualifying.

Raducanu has suffered a series of injuries since then and is currently sidelined following wrist and hand surgery. 

"I had physical pain," she said, "but it was very hard for me mentally."

Speaking to The Times, the British tennis player added, "I always want to show the best version of myself or try to achieve that, but I know I can't."

Raducanu parted ways with coach Sebastian Sachs, her fifth coach in less than two years, in June.

She has only played 10 matches on the WTA Tour in 2023, and won only 5, including 3 in Indian Wells.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The meaning of blogging and steps on how to start a blog

10 Beginner Blogger Mistakes And How To Avoid Them

Alcaraz Withdraws from Davis Cup Following U.S. Open Demise